Real Defense Active Shooter Preparedness course:
When seconds count, are you prepared? Do you know what to do, how to escape or stop an active shooter? Across America, on average, shootings that left 4 or more people injured or dead, occur at the rate of one a day. Be Prepared. This 3 hour realistic and interactive class, will show you exactly what to do and will give you the skills and knowledge necessary to survive an active shooter event and save your life.
You will learn:
- Run, Hide, Fight strategy
- What to do when gun shots are heard
- Run: Assessing the situation/making a plan, finding window of opportunity
- Responding under adrenaline stress
- Exit awareness
- Hide: Cover and Concealment
- How to break the bystander effect
- Fight: Last resort, engage, disarm and stop an active shooter
- Working as a team or by yourself, stopping an active shooter
- Improvised ballistic barriers and weapons
- Simulated attack scenarios
- Cell phone use and making the 911 call (muting)
- Reacting when police arrive
This class is open to everyone.
*Note scenarios and drills will be very realistic. Some drills will employ moderate physical activity and self-defense techniques.
Cost: Members – $103.50 Non-Members – $115.00
Rescheduling: We will be happy to reschedule your class date with 48 hours notice prior to the class. Please note that if you do not give us 48 hours notice then there is a $25 per person fee for rescheduling.
Refunds: We are happy to provide a refund of 100% if you notify us at least 48 hours prior to the class. If you fail to show for the class or do not give us at least 48 hours notice, there will be a $30 instructor fee deducted from any refunds. All refunds will be issued in the form of store credit.